A vegan curried superfood bowl made with zesty bean quinoa, onions, potatoes, mixed bell peppers and peas. It’s easy, flavourful and delicious!
I’m finding myself cooking more and more vegan meals nowadays, as vegan food is lighter and nourishing and it can be very delicious if you know how to cook it. I’m not a vegan nor a vegetarian, but I enjoy eating vegan meals a few times a week. So for the month of January I’ve decided to have more vegan days to follow the month of “Veganuary”, they are days when I only eat plant based foods to feel lighter and healthier, and this vegan curried superfood bowl is one of the wonderful dishes that I’ve been making over and over again!
What I love about this recipe is that not only it’s extremely easy to make, but it’s also flavourful and full of vitamins and good stuff. To make these healthy vegan meals, I stock up on lots of frozen veg from Iceland Foods. They offer a wide range of conveinet frozen foods that are suitable for vegan cooking.
I always make sure that I’m stocked up on the frozen diced onions and mixed bell peppers, they are frozen for freshness and they make my life much easier! I never have to worry about fresh bell peppers sitting in my fridge and are about to go off, to having to peel and dice an onion every time I’m about to cook.
I also recently discovered the zesty bean quinoa from Iceland Foods, and I fell in love with this product! I literally now have 3 bags of this in my freezer. I love how convenient, simple and nutritious this quinoa is. It’s frozen which makes storing and preparing it very convenient, I either heat up a portion in the microwave or just stir fry it quickly on the stove top. The best part? It tastes great and you don’t need to add anything to it! I paired this quinoa with curried vegetables and coconut milk and it turned out wonderful. So that’s it, a vegan superfood dinner is sorted in under 25 minutes!
Have you been eating more vegan meals throughout the month of January? What have you been making?
Make sure to check out Iceland’s frozen foods range. Thanks to #PowerOfFrozen you can get top quality ingredients that are easy to prepare and taste great at the same time!
- 1 tbsp frying oil
- 300g Zesty Bean Quinoa Mix (or 85g (½ cup) cooked quinoa and 90g (½ cup) mixed beans)
- ⅓ cup frozen diced onions
- ½ cup frozen mixed bell peppers
- 1 large potato (diced)
- ⅓ cup frozen peas
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tsp curry powder
- black pepper & salt
- In a frying pan or medium wok, heat a little bit of oil over a medium heat.
- Add zesty bean quinoa to the pan, stir frequently and reduce heat if necessary. Once heated transfer to a bowl and set side.
- Again in the frying pan of work, heat a little bit of oil over medium heat.
- Add the diced onions and bell peppers. stir frequently until onions are soft.
- Add diced potato, peas, coconut milk, and curry powder. Stir quickly and cover with a lid. Let it simmer for 10 minutes or until liquids reduce and potatoes are soft.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve immediately with the zesty bean quinoa in one bowl.
This post is in collaboration with Iceland Foods. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Little Sunny Kitchen happen. All opinions are my own