Me and my fiance booked our wedding venue a few months ago, I found that it is important to know all the details before signing the contract to avoid last minute surprises!
Here I will be listing 15 important questions that you must ask before signing the contract:
- Is your date available?
- What exactly is included in the price? Do they charge per person?
- Are rentals included in the price? Chairs, tables, tablecloths, dance floor, plates, silverware, glassware (as they might not be provided)
- What sort of tables can they provide you with? Round. square, rectangular… As well as colours of the tablecloths…
- How many people can this location accommodate? Is there a minimum? a maximum? When booking our venue we were told that the minimum was 200 guests
- Does the price include alcohol or is that extra? Are you allowed to serve alcohol at the venue? Some venues might not allow alcohol to be served
- Does the price include the tax and the service or is that added to the price given? They usually give you a price ++
- Are there special prices for children? You have to ask, as normally the child cost is less than the adult.
- Can you bring your own cake? Chocolate fountain? Food?
- Is parking on site? Is there a charge for parking? Usually you have to arrange with valet parking but this depends on the venue.
- How much is the deposit? When is it due? Is it refundable? What’s the payment plan for the entire bill?
- How long can you use the space rented? Is there an overtime fee if you stay longer?
- What time can my vendors start setting up on the day of the wedding? Is it possible to start the setup the day before?
- Can we do food tasting prior to finalizing our wedding menu? And if there is an extra charge.
- Do they offer a special discounted rate for guests wishing to stay at their accommodation? Our venue is offering 25% off for guests attending our wedding.