A creamy pasta dish with chicken, sundries tomatoes, and parmesan!
I love pasta, and you do too! I mean, who doesn’t love pasta? It’s a simple, quick, and easy to make dish that is full of flavours, and I absolutely love the texture especially when it’s creamy pasta. And the variations are endless, there are so many ways in which you can serve your pasta. This recipe is one of the best though! It’s very creamy but I didn’t use heavy creamy, it has chicken, a super delicious sundried tomato paste, parmesan, and a pinch of herbs of provence! Sounds perfect, doesn’t it?
This dish is seriously easy to make, and is ready in like 30 or 40 minutes. Perfect for a weekend dinner when you don’t feel like spending too much time in the kitchen. If you love pasta, you will fall in love with this recipe! You don’t need to stick to my recipe, but please don’t omit the sundried tomatoes as they are the best thing about this recipe! But feel free to add shrimps instead of chicken, try adding bacon, or maybe add some mozzarella cheese!
Now let me tell you about this wonderful French online store that I recently came accross. Le Gourmet Store is an online shop that offers a selection of French authentic and delightful specialities. It’s founded by 2 French young men, who carefully tasted, compared, selected, and devoured, and the result is some of the finest products that reflect France and their authentic food. Their mission is to bring a real French flavour into your home, with the best shopping experience, and only delivering the highest quality of products.
Their website is easy to use, payments are made securely, the products are of high quality and are brought from local and award winning suppliers.
The online store offers a wide range of French products such as French jams, Pates & Foie gras, Chocolates, Oils & vinegars, Spices, Sauces, and different spreads.
I tried the sundried tomato delight from their store, as well as herbs of provence, and I have to say that I was very impressed. The Sundried tomato delight is absolutely delicious, I even eat it as a spread on toast! And the herbs are very aromatic, it’s a blend of thyme, rosemary, marjoram, sage, and oregano.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 chicken breast
- ½ tsp paprika
- 250 grams penne pasta
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp flour
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tbsp herbs de provence
- Start by heating the vegetable oil in a large pan, add the sundries tomato paste, and the garlic. And sauté until the garlic is fragrant.
- Cut the chicken into small tenders, and add to the pan, cook until browned. Add salt, and paprika.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Back to the pan, add milk, flour, black pepper, and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Keep stirring until sauce thickens. (If you like you can add more sundries tomato paste and paprika at this stage).
- Add pasta to the sauce and the chicken, and add a little bit of water if the sauce is too thick. Let them cook for a minute for the flavours to beautifully combine!
- Serve with grated parmesan on top.
Recipe commissioned by Le Gourmet Store. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Little Sunny Kitchen happen. All opinion are my own