The kind of cupcakes that will make you smile! 🙂
In the past 2 months I’ve been baking a lot of cupcakes! I gotta admit that I’m somewhat obsessed. And they’re great especially when they turn out very cute and tasty. I mean, who doesn’t love a good fudgy cupcake?!
I’ve been using a chocolate base for many of the cupcakes that I’ve been making, check out my Christmas Tree Cupcakes. And the reason why I keep using it, is because it’s very chocolatey, moist, fudgy, and they turn out perfect every single time! Seriously, this is an easy foolproof recipe that you need to bookmark!
These Snowman cupcakes are decorated with vanilla frosting that I got from Aldi Supermarket, Sprinkles or funfetti, and white marshmallows for the head. To draw faces and arms, I just used black icing.
You could also pipe out the vanilla frosting from an icing bag using tip 1A, but I frosted my cupcakes using a spoon just because it’s easier.
If you make these, don’t forget to take a picture, upload it to your instagram account and tag it with #LittleSunnyKitchen as I would love to see the cupcakes that you make for Christmas!
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 marshmallows
- Vanilla frosting
- Black icing
- Funfetti or sugar pearls to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180c and line a muffin baking pan with 12 cupcake liners.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Stir in milk, then add the rest of the ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt), and mix until just combined but do not over mix. They batter won't be very thick, sort of runny and that's okay.
- Pour the batter into liners, and bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. When completely chilled, decorate with the vanilla frosting and put a marshmallow on each cupcake.
- Draw faces and arms using the black icing, and make buttons out of the sprinkles/funfetti.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post, but as always all opinions are my own.