Light and fluffy pancakes with a hint of cinnamon, frosted with sweet cream cheese frosting!
The most popular recipe on my blog is the Classic Pancakes recipe, it’s a simple no-fail recipe that people on Pinterest love and have repined thousands of times. And ever since I found the golden recipe of Nutella Cinnamon rolls, I’ve been OBSESSED with cinnamon rolls and pretty much all things Cinnamon and Nutella.
So this morning we woke up to a white morning, loads of snow outside and everything looked so beautiful. So I decided to make some pancakes but still felt like having cinnamon rolls, so I ended up making some Cinnamon pancakes with the good old cream cheese frosting inspired by the Nutella Cinnamon rolls that I baked last week! And Oh my God they were AMAZING!
The secret to light fluffy pancakes is not to over mix the batter, when combining the liquid and dry ingredients together, give it a few stirs with a spoon but make sure NOT TO over mix. It’s okay if a few lumps are still there.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- a pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp unsalted melted butter
- 4 tbsp cream cheese (softened)
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- milk (if needed to get the consistency that you prefer)
- To make the pancake batter, in a medium sized bowl combine all liquid ingredients together, then sift in the dry ingredients, make sure not to over mix and if there are lumps left that is okay.
- Fry your pancakes on a frying pan by greasing it with a small piece of butter, then scooping ¼ cup of the batter, let it cook until the bottom is golden then turn over and cook for 1 more minute or until pancake is golden and is cooked through the middle.
- To make frosting: Combine all ingredients together and mix, add milk if you need to thin the consistency of the frosting.
- Drizzle pancakes with cream cheese frosting and sprinkle with cinnamon then serve.