Oh hi there.
It has been a while I know, but I’ve been suuuuper busy and I apologise for not making any posts in the last couple of months. But, I’m back now and I would like you to meet the ULTIMATE Nutella peanut butter banana chocolate chip muffins. YES IT JUST HAPPENED! AND THESE ARE IMPOSSIBLE TO RESIST!
I love baking with bananas, Banana Bread is one of the best recipes posted on my blog, it is also one of my family’s favourites. But then comes my obsession with Nutella, and peanut butter. Plus muffins are cute, they’re great for breakfasts, and they easily fit lunch boxes, I mean who wouldn’t wanna have a super moist banana muffin with a hint of creamy peanut butter and delicious Nutella in the Center for breakfast??!! I know that I do!
Bananas are great when it comes to baking, the whole banana peanut butter combination with whole wheat flour makes these muffins a healthy option. I can’t talk about HOW HEALTHY these are, because truth is, they also contain sugar, Nutella, and chocolate chips. But, the banana peanut butter whole wheat flour make these healthy treats. Plus, who said that chocolate isn’t good for you?! 😉
- Never over-mix muffin batter, you don’t want tough crumbled muffins. Mix just to combine ingredients.
- You can use all (all purpose flour), if you decide to opt out for the whole wheat flour make sure to use 1 1/2 cups of flour total.
- Chocolate chips are optional.
- Serve with a cold glass of milk.
Recipe adapted from HalfBakedHarvest
- 4 mashed and ripe bananas
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup corn oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 12 tsp Nutella
- Preheat oven to 180c then grease 2 muffin baking pans with oil and set aside
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together all dry ingredients together except for the sugars (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt)
- In another bowl whisk together the mashed bananas, oil, egg, peanut butter, vanilla and sugars
- Pour dry ingredients over wet ingredients but do not over mix (until just combined otherwise the muffins won't be moist and spongy)
- Fold in chocolate chips and scoop batter into the muffin baking pan by filling only ¾ the way up then drop 1 tsp of Nutella and again cover each muffin with more batter
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (baking time depends on your oven but check after 20 minutes of baking to see if they're ready)
- Allow to cool down for 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely before serving
You should also try the following Banana recipes…